|I know this has nothing to do with dreads but it passes the time:)
||[18 Oct 2003|02:45am]
And Now For The Exciting Survey:
1. Your name spelled backwards
2. Where were your parents born?
- Houston,tx and alabama
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
- uhhh....I guess aime xpress
4. What's your favorite restaurant?
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
- prolly 3 yrs ago
6. Have you ever been in a school play?
7. How many kids do you want?
8. Type of music you dislike most?
- metal, and booty rap...
9. Are you registered to vote?
10. Do you have cable?
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
- no but I hit a guy on a motorcycle once
12. Ever prank call anybody?
- I'm a girl of course
13. Ever get a parking ticket?
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
- hell yeah if i had the money
16. Do you have a garden?
- no, but I grow dreads....
17. What's your favorite comic strip?
- dont like comics
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
- Yeah, they drilled it into my head in elementry school
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
- eh......mostly after work at night
20. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
- ummmmmm.......I haven't seen any new movies
21. Favorite pizza topping?
22. Chips or popcorn?
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
- I only wear lip gloss
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
- lol hell no
26. Orange Juice or apple?
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
- uhh....ashley at casa ole
28. Favorite type of chocolate bar?
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls?
- I haven't voted yet
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
- about a month ago
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
- lol nope I'm a slacker
32. Are you a good cook?
- cant cook worth shit
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
- I can tie my own shoes too.
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
35. Sprite or 7-up?
- definatley neither, COKE!
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? How about school?
- well a work t-shirt
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
38. Ever throw up in public?
- when I was like 10
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?
- I guess Money b/c your loved one could always turn into an asshole
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- soemtimes-depends on what mood im in......
41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
- nope, but i've listned in on one of those calls
42. Can exes be friends?
- I'm only friends with like 2 of mine
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
- I was born with an afro
45. What did you eat today?
- mcdonalds for lunch, and a salad right now
46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
- spartan cheerleaders, and mike meyers as the jersy-barbara stressian obsessed woman......
47. What was the name of your first pet?
48. What is in your purse?
- I dont own a purse
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
- get in comfy clothes, shit, eat, talk on phone, get online
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
- pay check, ashley, my parents,sleep
||[18 Oct 2003|12:28pm]
is there any way to get rid of build up of left-over shampoo in your dreads? because i believe that is exactly why my dreads are turning white on top.
any tips on how to get rid of it?
||[18 Oct 2003|02:32pm]
or survey rather. i was gonna dye my dreads red but i just got this image of green dreads. i'm obsessed with willow trees and it would go with the tattoo i'm probably gonna get of a woman that morphs into a willow tree.
but i do have a job and i dunno how well it'd go over.
plus there is the whole finding green dye that looks good and works thing.
so i got two questions:
should i stick with red.
or try green?
anyone know any good webpages that sells fun hair dye colors. the only store we got is hot topic.
||[18 Oct 2003|03:39pm]
i'm new here. i've had dreads for about 5 months now and they're doing just fine, although they've shrunk a lot in the past few weeks. but hey, what can you do.
so anyway, moving on to the point of this post. i've dyed my hair so many times now that i can't remember what my natural hair color is, but the last time i tried to dye my hair i noticed that the color didn't stick at all. so i guess i should bleach my hair before i dye it again.
but, i've never bleached my hair before, dreaded or undreaded. do any of you have experience with this? what's the best way to do it? which product should i use and how long should i leave it in? i don't want to go bald, heh.
i'll post some pictures after the dye job, i guess.
||[18 Oct 2003|04:22pm]
Pleeeease stop posting surveys & quizes on here!
I know there hasn't been THAT many..but it's been enough to make me pretty sick of it..and I don't think I'm the only one..this is one of the vERY few AWESOME communities on livejournal..please, let's keep it that way!
||[18 Oct 2003|04:36pm]
if i was to take out my dreads how short must i cut them? i know i dont really have to shave my whole head but is there a way for me to take out my dreads and still have nice hair but just pretty short (little above the ear)not extremly short, ive only had them for not even a year and im not set on parting with them now, but eventually in life i will
||[18 Oct 2003|08:31pm]
hey quick question. if you were to use something, to temporarily dye your dreads, like in a cheap can or plastic container, what would you use? i dont want to have any of that paint in a can seeping into my dreads and ultimatley causing a putrid stench or anything.