August 15th, 2006

on the edge

(no subject)

So I think I am going to be cutting my dreads next weekend. I'm in the process of brushing one out to see just how much hair I am going to lose, as opposed to just cutting them at the root or shaving my head. The first time in over 3 years that I've brushed my hair.

I need a change. After I get this one brushed out and give myself a few days to think about it then I'll see. I'm almost 75% sure I want to cut them... there's the other 25% saying not to because I do love my dreads a lot, but I've been through a lot the past 3 years and I just feel like I need a change. Then I get to grow my hair back out and start all over again :)


*update*

It took me 45 minutes to brush out 1 dread...and I even cut about 3 inches off. It may take me a long, long time but I am going cut off about 4-5 inches (this was a short dread so I didn't cut off that much) and then brush brush brush. I used some Tea Tree leave in conditioner from Paul Mitchell that I had laying around and it made it a little bit easier to brush out. With the conditioner and hot oil treatments, I'm confident I won't have to cut them to the root.

I'm doing this on Thursday. I'll be willing to send some out...I want to keep most of them, but I'm sure I can spare a few :)

First 5 people email me littleskittlez at yahoo dot com or comment here. :)
  • Current Mood
    contemplative contemplative
lotus

(no subject)

Heya Hi Yo Nice Tameecha

...sup.

Name's Daniel. I do websites. Well, I did websites for realtors in California for the better part of a year. Now...

Well let's just say that I have another week or two before I can take the special test my old employer back home instituted while I was away. This leaves me incredibly bored, sober (by degrees anyway) and gives me a lil time to give m'best friend soulhaus a lil payback and finally do the site I started for her at KnotYourAverageGirl.com I'd love to have a lil bit more in common with you folks but unfortunately mother nature seemed fit to make sure that I'll be waxing my head rather than using the ole locking accelorator. Get my drift? ;)

Aaaaanyway.

astroboy009 referred me over here when I dropped into another community asking for help. I have alot of ideas for ginchy lil banners borders n' backgrounds.

This would be where I hope a few of you might come in!

I'm stuck out here in Kansas for the next eight months while my fiance' pays her last homage to the great god(damn) education machine.

Nooot alot of resources here for a boy tryin to get a few pictures together to get started. Lot's of ideas, no friends with dreads nearby

:(

So, if you have a few neat shots of yer noggin layin around, don't mind having them used on a public site, and feel like helpin out jus' the neatest lil fay-bay-bay this side of arcadia get started with her business of gettin down and givin the gift of those neat lil rolls of lurve to the masses (at an affordable price, details to follow! ;)

Well, I'd just hug you till ya couldn't breathe, I would.

Here's the disclaimer...

Most images will only be used in part, to help create custom graphics for the site. There may be an eye here or a jawline there, but in no way will it be suggested that your dreads are Kim's work. (Unless they are, and then hey so much the bettah) I'll even set up a credits page and link out to anyone willin to lend a hand.

So if you'd like to be in on it. (s'gonna be big I tell ya!) just drop me a comment here or e-mail me at djgage @ gmail DOT com and the hugfest shall begin immediately.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled....

psht, what am I thinkin. Who here is gonna have a regular schedule? *g*

S'anks.
  • Current Music
    Rob Zombie - Educated Horses
crazy doll eyes

dreads and stuff..

For those of you who add "stuff" to your dreads does the "stuff" ever start to look worn out?
Also is it difficult to remove the "stuff"?
Stuff being things that arent naturally apart of your hair.
(synethic hair,wool,beads,coils,socks, whatever.)

(sorry for using stuff so many times. my vocab skills are a bit.. bad.)