First three done here - you can see the sectioning, and it's a clearer picture of how tight I managed to get them - I was pretty pleased. (Of course, no-one can be expected to do something like this without the aid of copious amounts of booze - my mother was making alcoholic smoothies at this point.) We did have to name the first one, of course. And he is Dennis. Don't ask me why.
All finished! Still sticking straight out at the moment, but they're good and tight at the roots - I spent more time on that than the rest, I think - so hopefully they'll settle down in a bit.
And all done, and tied back! I don't think the scalp shows too much, so I guess I did a pretty good job of sectioning - just tried to keep them a pretty even size, although some sections of hair just wanted to be bigger, and tried not to have too many straight lines anywhere. One happy new head of dreads.
All in all, I'm pretty smug. If she can do as good a job on mine, I think I'll be off to a pretty good start in a new life with dreads!