1. I heard that going all natural, as in no products at all, is the best way to keep your hair and scalp healthy when you have dreads. But are there still some products that are good to have? Like locking accelerator?
2. How much length do you lose when you dread? I've heard that people can lose 'anywhere from 1 inch to half the length', but the source never said which is more likely...My hair is about collarbone length, with some layers but it's growing out. I want to dread, but I don't want my dreads to be itty bitty so I have no problem letting it grow out until I have enough hair to keep proper dreads...
3. My hair has been bleached in the past and still retains a bit of damage from repeated bleachings. Should I get one of those dead-end treatments or whatever those things are that you buy at the drug story that fix up your hair? Or does it not really matter?
4. What would be the best shampoo to use? Tea-tree is mentioned a lot, is that preferable to a simply residue-free shampoo? I don't want to buy something that is going to ruin my dreads. I don't have any problems with itchy scalp or dandruff, so it's really just about the dreads.
5. I used to always have my hair in bright colours, and in the future I think I'd like to have some bright dreads. I've seen other people with them, but does it affect the dreads badly? I wouldn't think so, but I don't want to go to bleach one and have it come entirely unraveled @A@
I'm really most concerned about questions 1 & 2 initially. The other ones are kinda secondary :p
Sorry I ask so many questions! I just hate making a decision when I don't have all the facts, and FAQs don't seem to be helping.
Thank you all for your time! I hope I will get my dreads in the next couple months, and when I do get them I will be sure to post here :) Thank you all again!!